The Police in Derby and Derbyshire
- If you believe that a child is at immediate risk and in need of protection then you should call the Police - 999, immediately.
- Alternatively, if you want advice from the Police and the child is not in immediate need of protection, you can call the Police on the telephone number 101.
Children's Social Care in Derby
- Children's Social Care have a duty team to help you talk about concerns you have and take action to make children safe. The social care staff can always be asked for advice if you are not sure about a situation.
- During normal working days between 09:00 and 17:00 they can be contacted on the telephone number 01332 641172
- At all other times, concerns can be discussed with Care-line who can be contacted on the telephone number 01332 786968
- E-safety is a priority at Asterdale Primary School. Pupils are continually taught within our Computing curriculum the importance of internet safety and using the internet appropriately. Internet safety is embedded into our curriculum approach with all stakeholders - it is therefore important that we work together as a school community to ensure that our children are kept safe.
Advice for Parents:
- It is important that you are aware of what young people are able to do and what they can access on the Internet. You are able to set parental controls to track what your children do and to limit what they can access.
CEOP - Child Exploitation and Online Protection:
- The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre is part of UK policing and is dedicated to keeping children and young people safe online. You can click on the sign below to find out more about CEOP. There are links to activities for children, advice to parents and a direct link to report any concerns you have.
- The government has published an advice leaflet for parents and carers on CYBERBULLYING, which you can download below.
- Click here for the Latest NSPCC Campaign and resources for parents - What you need to know to help your children stay safe when using Social Media Sites such as Musically, Snapchat, Youtube, Facebook and Twitter.
National Online Safety:
- Parents - the following website has many practical guides and tips for keeping children safe online including use of apps and devices: CLICK HERE