- All safeguarding concerns are reported using CPOMs and directly to a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is a senior member of the school’s leadership team who is designated to take lead responsibility for dealing with safeguarding issues.
The role of the DSL for Child Protection is to take responsibility for dealing with child protection issues, provide advice and support to other staff, liaising with the local authority and working with other agencies to ensure all children at our school are safe.
If you have any safeguarding concerns regarding children please see one of our DSL's immediately.
You can telephone school and speak to the office staff. It is important you explain when telephoning that the nature of your call is a serious safeguarding concern but please do not disclose details to our office staff.
Our Safeguarding Team:
- Mr David Evans (Headteacher) is the named Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mr John O'Leary, Mrs Ruth Sheard, Mrs Jenny McCormick and Mrs Amy Harrold are the Deputy Safeguarding Leads
- Mrs Jenny McCormick is the School SENCO and responsible for Inclusion
- Mrs Evonne Williams, Mrs Laura Tivey and Mr Simon Higginbotham are the nominated governors responsible for Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment